Public Skating and Shinny Schedules
Public Skating and Shinny
PUBLIC SKATING AT THE DIAMOND RODEO ARENA - Sundays from 4:00pm to 6:00pm (starting October 15)
PUBLIC SKATING AT THE WARMAN HOME CENTRE COMMUNIPLEX - Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9:00am to 11:00am (starting September 12)
SHINNY AT THE WARMAN HOME CENTRE COMMUNIPLEX - Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays from 12noon to 12:45pm (starting September 12)
$4.25/person or $10.50 for a family
Additional Public Skating and Shinny schedules are posted on a weekly basis, based on ice availability, and are subject to change on short notice. Typically additional skating and skinny times are only available during school breaks and PD days. These updated times will be posted on the Warman Recreation & Community Services Facebook Page and our website.
Please call our Customer Service Desk if you have any questions regarding drop-in sports, public skating and shinny times.
NO PUCKS OR STICKS ARE PERMITTED ON THE LEISURE ICE
The leisure ice at The Warman Home Centre Communiplex is available daily from 9:00 am - 8:00 pm. This ice surface is intended for children that are learning to skate. All parents participating with the child must wear skates on the Leisure Ice. No shoes are allowed. All children must wear a helmet.
Public Skating Rules and Regulations
Any participant under the age of 18yrs can remove their masks while skating. For 18yrs + if you present your vaccination card with ID or an eligible negative test you can remove your masks while skating. If you choose to not do either option, masks are mandatory. All spectators must wear masks at all times.
To provide a safe, fun place where families can spend some quality time with each other while participating in physical activity.
• Participants must respect, listen to and follow instructions from all Recreation & Community Service staff. Please be considerate of the rules for the safety of all participants.
• All participants must report to the Customer Service/Admissions desk prior to public skating.
• Report all accidents and injuries to the skating staff immediately.
• All children 5 years old and under must be supervised by a parent or guardian (16 years or older) at all times.
• CSA approved hockey helmets are strongly recommended for all skaters and a CSA hockey helmet is mandatory for children 5 years and under.
• Only patrons wearing skates are allowed on the ice surface.
• Carrying children, including baby carriers is not permitted at any time.
• No food or drinks are permitted.
• No strollers or chairs are allowed. Skating aids can be provided at no extra charge. Please ask a staff member for them, if not readily available.
• No games, rough play, tag, backwards skating, speed skating or figure skating maneuvers are permitted.
• There are no sticks allowed during public skating at any time.
• Skaters should not loiter along arena boards or areas that may block the flow of other skaters.
• Wheelchairs are permitted on the ice surface, only after the wheels have been cleaned.
• Helmets are recommended for wheelchair occupants.
• Caregivers must be wearing skates.
• Foul language and inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated and will result in immediate removal from the facility.